First Saturday Rosary
"Jesus wants to make use of you to make me known and loved. He wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart." - The First Saturday Devotion to Our Lady was revealed to the three children of Fatima, Portugal. Our Lady shared with Lucia on June 13, 1917
About First Saturdays Rosary: In 1917, Our Lady of Fatima showed the three children in Portugal a vision of hell. She told them, “You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart.”
On the 1st Saturday of every month of the year, the faithful gather at 4:30pm in the Sanctuary to pray the Rosary together. This is in honor of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, the mother of our Lord and our mother. We ask her intercession for the prayers we offer for the Church and for each other’s intentions. Reciting five decades of the Rosary is one of the requirements for The Devotion of the Five First Saturdays, as requested by Our Lady of Fatima, along with Confession, receiving Holy Communion, and keeping Our Lady company for fifteen minutes by meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary. Our Lady knows that the person will become devoted to Her Immaculate Heart and persist in practicing such devotion on all “First Saturdays”. All are welcome.
Event days and times: Meets at 4:30 PM before 5:00pm Mass on First Saturday of each month. Sign-up to lead or participate in the Rosary. It can be offered for special intentions. The Devotion is in honor of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and is meant to make reparation to it for the sins of mankind.
The Blessed Mother’s Promises to those who Pray the Rosary:
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish. It will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God. It will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice. He shall not perish by an unprovided death. If he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plentitude of His graces. At the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Information: Contact St. Anna's office at 770-267-7637
Confessions: Available on Saturdays from 3:30pm to 4:30pm.
Links about the Rosary and Fatima:
How to Pray the Rosary - http://www.rosary-center.org/howto.htm
Official Fatima Shrine - http://www.fatima.pt/en
World Apostolate of Fatima - https://www.bluearmy.com/
EWTN Global Catholic Network - http://www.ewtn.com/fatima/index.asp